Step 1 – Introductory Class
- explain what we do at the East Texas Autism Network (ETAN).
- provide an overview of the signs and symptoms of autism.
This class is for the parents/caregivers of children who are concerned their child may have autism, adults only, no children will be permitted. The registration fee is $10 per person. Classes are held the first Wednesday of each month from noon-1 pm.
Upon completion of the Introductory Class, you will be given an opportunity to register for an individual consultation for your child with the East Texas Autism Network. More information about this introductory class.
Click here to register or call 903-630-7094.
Step 2 – Individual Consulation
ETAN will guide parents in the individual consultation to the appropriate specialists.
- The individual consultation consists of an intake meeting – ETAN interview with parents/caregiver interview to gather basic developmental and physical information about your child.
- Following the intake meeting, parents will be referred to the appropriate specialists for an accurate and comprehensive evaluation and diagnosis. (Typical specialists include: psychological, psychiatric, speech, behavioral, and occupational therapists. The list of diagnostic specialists will vary with each child.*)
- ETAN may provide referrals to the child’s school district and request formal evaluation to begin Early Intervention Services when appropriate.
*Provider visits are not covered by East Texas Autism Network.
Step 3 – Care Team Conference
Once the evaluations are completed, ETAN will organize a final meeting, the “Care Team Conference,” between parents and specialists.
- This meeting will result in a comprehensive and firm diagnosis.
- With a firm diagnosis, parents are prepared to initiate or continue appropriate treatment.
Your journey toward “Planting Potential” is underway.