Step 1 – Discovery Class
- explain what we do at the East Texas Autism Network (ETAN).
- provide an overview of the signs and symptoms of autism.
- provide next steps for those who have already received a diagnosis of Autism Spectrum Disorder.
This class is for the parents/caregivers of children who are concerned their child may have autism, adults only, no children will be permitted. The registration fee is $10 per person. Classes are held the first Wednesday of each month from 12:30-1:30 pm.
Upon completion of the Discovery Class, you will be given an opportunity to register for an individual consultation for your child with the East Texas Autism Network.
Download the flyer: Discovery Class
Click here to register or call 903-630-9212.
Step 2 – Individual Consulation
ETAN will guide parents in the individual consultation to the appropriate specialists.
- The individual consultation consists of an intake meeting – ETAN interview with parents/caregiver interview to gather basic developmental and physical information about your child.
- Following the intake meeting, parents will be referred to the appropriate specialists for an accurate and comprehensive evaluation and diagnosis. (Typical specialists include: psychological, psychiatric, speech, behavioral, and occupational therapists. The list of diagnostic specialists will vary with each child.*)
- ETAN may provide referrals to the child’s school district and request formal evaluation to begin Early Intervention Services when appropriate.
*Provider visits are not covered by East Texas Autism Network.
Step 3 – Care Team Conference
Once the evaluations are completed, ETAN will organize a final meeting, the “Care Team Conference,” between parents and specialists.
- This meeting will result in a comprehensive and firm diagnosis.
- With a firm diagnosis, parents are prepared to initiate or continue appropriate treatment.
Your journey toward “Planting Potential” is underway.